Carpal tunnel syndrome And chiropractor in Kissimmee
You’re working at your desk, and try to ignore the tingling and numbness for months to hand and wrist. Suddenly a sharp, stinging pain spreads from the wrist to the arm.
It’s just a cramp passenger?
Most likely you have been suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, a painful condition caused by progressive compression of a key nerve in the wrist.
The Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) is the most common peripheral nerve disorder of the human body. It is characterized by pain and numbness of the hand and fingers. The frequency with which the carpal tunnel syndrome is observed in the population is about three times higher in women and varies depending on the work performed, even up to 60 cases per 100 workers in particular occupational activities.
The result is in fact more often affected workers to the manufacturing sector, electronic, textile, food, footwear, leather industry, as well as those involved in packaging parcels, hotel cooks and those in the public exercises. In about 70% of cases it is bilateral, with a prevalence of the dominant hand.
The carpal tunnel syndrome usually manifests itself with tingling and sometimes pain, mainly at night, the first fingers of the hand.
Causes of carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Many factors can contribute to the development of carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Inheritance is the most important factor in fact the carpal tunnel may be smaller in some people, and this trait is inherited.
- Doing manual work (how to use the jackhammer) or precision and typically repetitive tasks, it can contribute over time to develop this disorder.
- Hormonal changes related to pregnancy and water retention may play a role in nerve compression and in his suffering.
- Age is an important factor: the disease occurs more frequently in older people.
- General pathological conditions based, including diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and thyroid hormone imbalances can have a role in the compressive and degenerative pathology of the nerve.
- Some sports (such as bowling or tennis), or the use of music strumpets (like the guitar) that cause repeated micro trauma wrist.
Why Our Chiropractic care of carpal tunnel syndrome In Kissimmee Is Best treatment for you.
Chiropractic care is always looking for the root causes of the disorder treated, to eliminate them in a natural and non-invasive. This approach also applies to carpal tunnel syndrome. In our experience, we have seen that the STC can be caused by one or more of the following factors:
- bad postural habits in daily life, at work and during sleep;
- Repetitive movements, as it happens in the context of certain professions. Those who work on the computer, for example, using keyboard and mouse makes everyday repetitive movements that can trigger inflammation; as well it happens to workers on assembly lines or those involved in sewing or cleaning activities;
- previous injuries to the wrists or elbows (such as sprains or fractures) that are not really healed and that created a situation direct compression of the nerve;
- neck injuries (for example, the whiplash ) that they stress the muscles and ligaments, increasing the “load” on the nerves that go down into the arms;
- power, due to the intake of foods that slow down or otherwise not conducive to the blood and lymphatic circulation or foods that inflame (sugars, carbohydrates, and milk);
- deficiency of vitamin B6, which produces symptoms almost identical to the STC of compressive origin;
Our Best chiropractor doctors Will Treat on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
After careful consideration of the case, we will make several orthopedic and chiropractic tests on the wrist, elbow, shoulder, neck and spine to establish / the causes of your symptoms. Chiropractic treatment will focus on all areas affected. This normally includes the plug, hands and wrists. The practice shows that after just a few treatments you get excellent results, often achieving considerable relief already after the first session. Unfortunately, for lack of information, many patients are desperate for us as a last resort and after consulting many other specialists.
This often means having had weeks of sleepless nights, afraid that the only solution to the problem is surgery. Some of our patients could not undergo interventions for health reasons, but their physician had not realized that we chiropractors can successfully treat this condition. And ‘in fact it recommended to try a course of chiropractic treatments, before resorting to surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome. You will discover, as many of our patients have done, that surgery is not necessary.